Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My NBA Experience!


As soon as I walked into the doors of the Toyota Center, I was hypnotized. I didn't even wanna look for my seats, I just wanted to see the court.

It was about an hour and 20 minutes before tip-off and I couldn't believe my eyes. There they were, the people I want to win more than anything in the world. Scola and Battier (among others) were out there warming up before the actual warm ups. Battier was sinking every shot like he was throwing a rock into an ocean. Scola looked to the stands to wave at some fans chanting his name. (I think he was extra excited because it was Scola wig night)

So we went to the store inside the arena and then went to our seats. Not the greatest seats in the world, but I couldn't believe how good of a view it was. I was expecting much less.

For about 30 minutes, I had my sights locked in on Ron Artest and Chauncey Billups going 1 on 1 with coaches. (On opposite sides of the court) The difficulty of the shots that they were taking were insane. The way they were shooting, I thought they were both gonna have huge games.

Fast Forward to tip-off. The first half of the game involved huge ups and downs. I was shocked how neither team looked rattled when down double digits. They were just so focused on executing.

Half time was very nice. They had a presentation for the long time Rockets radio broadcasters.

The second half was all Rockets. I looked up in the 3rd quarter and Tracy already had a triple double and Yao had something like 24 points. The Nuggets just had no answer for Yao. Both teams shot fantastic percentages. Billups didn't have a good game at all. He had trouble with the very fast play of Aaron Brooks.

The final score was 108-96. I still can't believe I was there. Watching it on tv doesn't do it justice. How quick they were, and the great defense is missed on tv. Things like weak side help and close outs on shots were amazing to me. Also the quickness of Yao Ming is unfathomable. Everyone thinks he's just some slow stiff, but wow is he quick. On the offensive end mostly, but also on help defense.

It will probably be the greatest team I will ever see with my eyes. The collection of talent is insane. I will see them again, hopefully against Lebron James.

GO ROCKETS!!!

No comments: