Thursday, August 28, 2008

Will Ron Artest launch the rockets to the second round?


How happy is Ron Artest? Decide for yourself.

Ron Artest - "Right now, I'm playing with two all stars, two future Hall of Famers in their prime. And I've gotten better. I'm better now than I was five years ago, even than when I got defensive player of the year. Everybody's in their prime. This is my best opportunity to put a ring on my finger and help Houston get another championship"

Sound pretty happy right? I mean why wouldn't a guy going into the last year of his contract, not say all of the right things? It's not exactly going out on a limb when you won't get any of the blame for not winning. If they don't get out of the first round of the playoffs, Tracy Mcgrady will hear it all over again. He should be hearing it. Maybe he'll wipe that sleepy look off of his face and wake up in the 4th quarter. Yao, Alston, Landry, Battier, Scola...they all do their part. Then they look to "T-Mac" to put them over the top, except that he disappears. But i'm getting away from my original point which is - Ron Artest adds nothing to this team. Some might say his toughness is what the rockets lack. I love toughness, but it has to be the kind that doesnt head into the stands. All Ron Artest has to do is not be involved in any fights, and be a good teammate. If he does that, he'll probably collect alot of money on what will most likely be the final "big money" contract of his career. Unless they go to the finals, the trade will be a failure. T-Mac and Yao have two more years together. If there's no championship after those two years, get ready for rebuilding time.

No comments: